Friday, March 25, 2011

My Friends

"A good friend is like a bra-ready to push you up and be supportive."


I have been so blessed in my life to be surrounded by an amazing group of people that I have the privilege to call my friends....no....friends isn't a good enough word. These people have become my family. This year my "family" pool began to get much larger as new people were brought into this group.

Today I sat in Campus Center-just like I do everyday of the week-and began to look around the table. I had to smile when I began to realize how much I care about each of the people who were sitting around the table and how much I have learned from each of them.

From Chelsea I have learned to look at the bigger picture-the situation might not always be what you think it is.

From Bethany I have learned to be quiet and observe-but still have an opinion and offer it when it is necessary.

From Kent I have learned when to be funny-but when to be serious and to stand up for yourself or others.

From Cody I have learned when to offer advice-even if it isn't always serious.

From Andy I have learned to not take life seriously. It's better to laugh everyday than be sad all the time.

I thought to myself how incredibly blessed we have all been to have found the others. How much richer our lives have become-how much stronger our support system is. I began to think about what if something happened to any of us-who would we call? I soon realized that one of those people would be the first that we would call-we have become that kind of family for each other.

We have held each other when we needed to cry.
Vented to each other when we didn't know what to do.
Corrected each other when we were wrong.
Fought for each other when we were attacked.
Stood together when we were mourning.
Celebrated accomplishments-and even our failures.
Laughed when we didn't think we could.
And faced life head on-even in the small things.

I have been so blessed to have these special people in my life-and today I just want to say thank you-thanks for loving me...even though you know me. You all really are great "bras"!

No comments:

Post a Comment