Thursday, March 24, 2011

Timeless

So I haven't written something worthwhile in......too long.

This week has been a crazy week for me. I had a test on Monday & a HUGE presentation on Tuesday-mind you we JUST got back from Spring Break. If those two things weren't enough my weekly to-do list was longer than normal and more detailed than normal. Once again, I would love to thank all my profs for that one. Needless to say my motto for the week has been "Say no to extra stuff". As hard as it has been I have been very successful at staying with this motto and am almost done with my list. However, I've been obsessed with TIME in the midst of all this. Will I have enough? Stay up later to get more done. Maybe an all nighter?

It began to make me think.

Time.

A 4-letter word with such crazy meaning.

Time.

It could mean life or death. A yes or no. Turkey or ham. Late or not.

Thinking of all these things made me stress out even more and so my drive and obsession to get things done began to overrun my entire being. That is, until this morning.

I opened up a devotional that my Mom gave to me a couple weeks ago. So far because of TIME (the little booger) I haven't been able to really get into it. I was looking under the couch for a school book-yes, we keep our books under furniture-and I found it. I had to smile when I opened it and found this:

Wait patiently with me while I bless you. Don't rush into my Presence with time-consciousness gnawing at your mind. I dwell in timelessness: I am, I was, and I always will be. For you, time is a protection; you're a frail creature who can handle only twenty-four hour segments of life. Time can also be a tyrant, ticking away relentlessly in your mind. Learn to master time, or it will be your master. Though you are a time-bound creature, seek to meet Me in timelessness. As you focus on My Presence, the demands of time and tasks will diminish. I will bless you and keep you, making My face shine upon you graciously, giving you Peace.

How often we forget this and go about our daily live thinking nothing of the God who longs to be with us intimately.

Today-my goal is to remember this and to slow down, take a deep breath, & feel and know the Peace of a God who is TIMELESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment