Monday, January 24, 2011

Irritating

Lately I have become really overwhelmed and annoyed with people. Honestly-it's been worse than normal. I've been trying to take deep breaths and step back-trying to factor in every possible thing that may be contributing to my irritated mood.

However-there have been a couple things lately that I really can't find an excuse for.

I have been really struggling with people and their attitudes and actions lately. I have been astonished....no....disgusted-  at the actions that certain people in my world have displayed. For the life of me I have not been able to figure out why the below the belt jabs, the rude comments, the comparing, and the hatred are apart of their daily life. It makes me sick. How can these people live with themselves?

I hate the fact that I have started to become to resentful and disgusted with people lately. That isn't me-I'm usually a very compassionate, loving, caring person. But lately all I want to do is call these people and rip them a new one. Tell them how incredibly stupid they are and how much I hate them.

Then...of course....a voice pops into my head and I am forced to take a deep breath and take a step back. 
Perhaps I am the only "Jesus" that is in these people's lives. Or perhaps-these people are so unhappy with their lives that they find it necessary to be hateful to others. Either way-here is my prayer.....


God-
Give me the strength to keep my mouth shut. To not punch these stupid people in the face. To smile and nod and not respond to their hateful comments and actions. I also ask that you are with them in their daily lives and that you bring people into their path that show them true love. And above all-bless them.....no matter how irritating they are.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment