Friday, October 22, 2010

Homecoming

Merriam-Webster defines "Homecoming" as: The return of a group of people usually on a special occasion to a place formerly frequented or regarded as home.


It's that time of the year again when the trees are turning, the air is brisk, tailgating is in full swing, and alumni return to what was once their home. I sat and watched alumni walk through the campus today and I had to smile as I heard them relive memories from years past. Laughter and tears filled the air as old friends and roommates were re-united, memories relived, and pranks hashed out.

It made me think about all the memories that I have had made since being here. All those hours of laughter, tears, food, gossip, etc. seem like such trivial things at the moment-but in a few years-when we are married, have kids, careers, bills-all of those things we will be able to look back on and smile and think to our selves "Oh when life was simple".

So it's with this thought this afternoon that I sit and enjoy watching people "come home". Home to the memories of years gone by-and home to the place where for most-their lives really began.

No comments:

Post a Comment