Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mini Wheats. Homework. & Fall Breeze

Its been forever since I have written in a blog & even longer since I had time to sit down and have some "quiet alone time". With 5 roommates in the apartment quiet moments are few and far between.

The girls are gone, the windows are open, the fall breeze is coming in and the only thing here to keep me company is the quiet sound of the heater running, a box of mini wheats, and a mountain of homework that is only getting larger with every passing moment.

Days like this make me miss home even more. All those years of wishing I wasn't a little girl anymore have now passed and my wish has come true-I have become a big girl. How I long for those moments I once lived that revolved around tea parties with the Queen, pies made out of mud, dress up, and fairytales. The only thing left of those days now are memories....pictures....smiles. It's on these fall days that I think on such things and a smile comes to my face.

I have recently found myself wishing my days away just as I once did when I was a little girl. It's during these times that I have to remind myself to slow down and enjoy the moments that I am in because all too soon they vanish leaving only the memory of the times once lived and the moments once had.

Today-I am reminded that all too quickly your life goes by, your moments are spent, and you are left....only wishing....wishing to go back to those once simple times....to the simple memories.

So with my mini wheats, homework, and fall breeze calling my name I leave with one thing on my mind......be content with the days....the moments.....the seconds that you are given because all too soon they will vanish leaving only.....memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment