Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Afraid....yet filled with joy

I asked God fore strength that I might achieve great things. I was made weak that I might learn to humbly obey. I asked God for health so that I might do greater things. I was given infirmity that I might do things better. I asked God for riches that I might be happy. Instead I was given just enough so that I might be wise. I asked God for power so that I could receive praises. I was given weakness so that I could feel the need for Him. I asked God for all things so that I could enjoy my life. I was given life so that I could enjoy everything. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I ever hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am, among all on earth, most richly blessed.   


I have become so good at being afraid, worried, stressed, negative, and lonely that I have not seen how much God has blessed me. I have been given opportunities. I have been given friends. I have been given mercy and grace. I have been given the chance to love. I have been given the chance to forgive and to be forgiven. I have been given a heart that can bend-but never be fully broken. I have been given LIFE. A life that has been good and a life that has been bad. A life that has taught me lessons and has made me sad. A life that has shown me what hard work is. A life that has brought me friends. A life that has brought me joy. 


Have I been given all the things that I have ever asked for? 


No.


Am I afraid?


Yes.


But.......


I am filled with joy. 
For how blessed I am.
In a world that hurts.
I am afraid.....yet filled with joy

No comments:

Post a Comment