Sunday, December 12, 2010

Quiet cold days

It's freezing outside. It's quiet. The wind is blowing. The Christmas lights in the window are glowing and the sounds of pages turning, blankets rustling, and jazz music playing softly drifts through the air. The sounds make it easy to think. Easy to dream. But at the same time. Easy to have your nerves start to get the best of you.

I always tell people that it is easy to jump off the cliff of life. To take the risks and not be afraid. "It's the ride of a lifetime" I always tell them. Taking the risks in life, making it an adventure, dreaming your big dreams-it's all worth it. Just do it.

Tonight I am sitting here. Thinking. Dreaming. Realizing.

When did I grow up? Become an adult? Begin making all of these adult choices? It's crazy to think that I am 21. That in 194 days I am going to be not only a daughter, a friend, a mentor, but also a wife. When did the little girl with pig tails become the woman with a crazy future?

When did all my dreaming become reality?
Why is it scary?
It's not what I thought it would feel like.
I mean. It's not bad. But it's different.

Dreams are great to dream. Reality-you know-when your dreams come true-that's when it's scary-but I have a feeling. It's going to be worth it.

So tonight-with all of the Christmas lights, cold weather, and music-I sit and I dream knowing that my dreams aren't just dreams anymore. They have become reality. So now, I dream about the reality that is about to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment