Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Yes-I should be studying.....BUT

It's finals week-or as I would much rather label it: Procrastination Week.

It's the week where all the profs give you all the homework and papers they should have given you at the beginning of the year. The week that has you sleeping in the library, eating massive amounts of food that is not good for you, and thinking of all the things that you would rather be doing. The week where students world wide want to kill over and die.

Procrastination week for me has been-enlightening, enraging, and annoying all because of a website known as Facebook.

Yes. Some of you out there in blog land laugh because you know me and you know how much of an addict I am. However: as of this week I have realized that Facebook has become a real pain. A place for people to talk about stupid things, complain about their lives, and make stupid comments.

So, while I should be studying this cold winter morning of the first day of Procrastination week. I have decided instead to make a list of issues that I have with-Facebook

1. Learn how to spell. You look like an idiot when you misspell words on purpose b/c you think you are cool. Get a life or go back to school.

2. Teen girls who think it's cool that you are pregnant-just because 16 and pregnant and Teen Mom makes it LOOK cool doesn't mean that it IS cool. Quit trying to make your lives look like an MTV reality series.

3. Posting entire picture albums of YOURSELF is stupid. Just stop.

4. Keep your drama off your status. No one cares that he is playing xbox when he should be looking at you, no one cares that you are in love....again....and you are 14, and guess what?! No one cares that she is with him or he is with her and that you are the best thing that has ever entered into his life....once again. You are 14!

5. If you hate your job, life, you are bored, you need a job, your bf/gf is a cheating punk, or you have other stupid drama. Tweet it-don't make it show up in my news feed.

*sigh* well there are the top 5 annoying things that I have come up with this morning.

Now, back to being a productive member of procrastination week. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to add that status updates, wall posts, etc. that are void of proper and appropriate capitalization really bug me. Some do it on purpose, which I find strange since most of them are smart, educated people. Some do it out of laziness, to which I say, correct capitalization/punctuation in written communications are the equivalent of good manners in spoken communication. Some do it because the don't know any better. If you're 12, it's tolerable. If not, capitalize please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally the ones that REALLY piss me off are the people who act like they grew up in the inner city and are trying to connect with their inner gang banger self. Dude.....you live in the middle of no where in a house with a white picket fence! UGH!

    ReplyDelete